– Web Site Design & Drupal Development
Collective Roots (CR) works with school-communities to design and sustain school-based organic gardens, teach students about nutrition, and provide project-based education that is integrated into the core curriculum. The goal for CR is to develop young urban leaders who understand where their food comes from and how their actions impact human and environmental health. Collective Roots needed a website to drive rapid response campaigns, build learning and teaching resources and tools for teachers, parents and students in Palo Alto grades K-9, and proactively use profile data gathered from the site.
* MsJones used a highly modified Drupal Webform module to enable a comprehensive rapid response campaign application. The application allows the site admin to create specific action letters and determine who the letter should be emailed to and who gets copies based on variable information.
* CR required multiple themes across the site. Through organizing themes and css files in a tree-like structure and utilizing the taxonomy module, MsJones was able to allow for greater design flexibility across the site.
* By modifying the Drupal Login Redirect module MsJones was able to drive what page the user is directed to based on specific roles definitions (i.e. parent vs teacher vs student).
* Coming soon, MsJones is working on connecting Drupal with SalesForce to automatically populate SalesForce when a user registers on the site. This will allow CR to proactively use their user information to drive customer relations.
By understanding Collective Roots’ specific needs, MsJones was able to develop a website that provides a powerful tool CR can use for effective community building, rapid response action campaigns, automation and proactive information management.